Inspired by an article from John Crestani
16 Legitimate Ways to Make Money at Home
So you’re looking for ways to make money from home… Join the crowd! Thanks to a genius invention called the internet, Americans are discovering more and more creative ways to cushion their bank accounts from the comforts of home.
How to Make Money From Home in 2020
1.Earn Cash While Watching Cooking Videos Online
If we told you that you could get paid to watch videos on your computer, you’d probably laugh.
2. Play Free Scratch-off Tickets
There’s something so satisfying about those gas station scratch-off tickets, but it’s better to avoid them because, well, that’s not Penny Hoarding.
3. Earn up to $60/Hour Helping Small Business Owners
Does earning $60 an hour sound appealing? And you don’t even have to leave your house? Oh, and you get to help others.
You don’t have to have a CPA to be successful in this business. In fact, all you really need are decent computer skills and a passion for helping business owners tackle real-world problems.
It’s a great opportunity for moms who want to work part time, millennials who are just out of college and anyone who wants to bring in real money while working from home.
4. Make up to $15/Hour to Pick up Milk for Your Neighbors
The grocery store is a surprisingly zen place. Somewhere between the soothing elevator music, the free samples and the wafting aroma of rotisserie chicken, you settle into a peaceful groove.
5. Earn up to $25/Hour Delivering Food
Cities around the country are filled with two things: incredible restaurants and busy people.
7. Copy This Strategy to Get Checks in the Mail Totaling $526
Remember when getting the mail was fun? Now it’s just bills. And Valpak envelopes.
8. Create an Online Course
You don’t need experience or a degree to make money teaching on Udemy.
9. Sell Your Crafts, Vintage Finds and Even Project Supplies
If you’re creative, you can make some decent money selling your work through Etsy. Although there are some fees, including a 5% transaction charge, the marketplace connects you with more than 33 million buyers globally.
Even if you aren’t creating masterpiece paintings or elegant jewelry or adorable baby clothes, you can still make money through the platform. For example, one Penny Hoarder contributor, Janet Berry-Johnson, made about $200 a month selling needlecraft kits and patterns.
10. Start a Blog
The startup costs for blogs are minimal: Just secure your domain name and hosting — only $3.95 a month from one of our recommended hosting providors.
11. Get Your True Crime Fix by Joining a Mock Jury
Jury duty isn’t always fun, but what if you could do it from the comfort of home? Becoming an online mock juror can be an interesting way to make some extra money.
12. Make Money Doing Voice-Overs
Janna Polzin, a stay-at-home mom in Toronto, earns money by talking to herself. In her closet.
13. Use Your Type-A Skills as a Virtual Assistant
If you have a knack for organization and communication, you just might make the perfect virtual assistant.
14. Sell Your Old Books for Amazon Gift Cards
Have old college textbooks taking up valuable shelf space? You could host a garage sale or sell them on eBay or Craigslist, but one of the easiest ways to get rid of them is through Amazon.
15. Teach People Interesting Things On Youtube!
Did you know you can get paid 6-figures or more as a teacher? Thats exactly what Youtube celebrity John Crestani has done by teaching marketing.
“My goal has always been to become the number one marketing teacher in the world, and the most reasonable way to impact the most people was posting videos on Youtube.”
16. Sell Your Photos (Even If You Took Them With Your Phone)
Fancy yourself a solid amateur photographer? Instead of posting all day, every day, to Instagram, why not turn your work into some extra cash?
Our Favorite Work-From-Home Advice
- Listen: There are a lot of work-from-home scams out there, so be sure to use your best judgement. We recommend you get this program, common illegitimate work-at-home ploys are discussed — so you can be well aware of what’s legitimate and what’s not.
- Remember: Don’t be afraid to spend money on additional training in order to learn how to get started in your work-at-home career; the job market is rapidly shifting and as the saying goes, ‘Those who know are those that grow!’